China

Chinese officials have admitted deceiving the public over another highlight
of the Olympic opening ceremony: the picture-perfect schoolgirl who sang as
the Chinese flag entered the stadium was performing to another girl's voice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo...

The girl in the red dress with the pigtails, called Lin Miaoke, 9, and from
a Beijing primary school, has become a national sensation since Friday
night, giving interviews to all the most popular newspapers.

But the show's musical designer felt forced to set the record straight. He
gave an interview to Beijing radio saying the real singer was a
seven-year-old girl who had won a gruelling competition to perform the
anthem, a patriotic song called "Hymn to the Motherland".

At the last moment a member of the Chinese politburo who was watching a
rehearsal pronounced that the winner, a girl called Yang Peiyi, might have a
perfect voice but was unsuited to the lead role because of her buck teeth.

So, on the night, while a pre-recording of Yang Peiyi singing was played,
Lin Miaoke, who has already featured in television advertisements, was seen
but not heard.

--
All mockery of Jews and their one God
shall be kept to an appropriate minimum.

Re: China

"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message

Chinese officials have admitted deceiving the public over another
highlight of the Olympic opening ceremony: the picture-perfect schoolgirl
who sang as the Chinese flag entered the stadium was performing to another
girl's voice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo...

The girl in the red dress with the pigtails, called Lin Miaoke, 9, and
from a Beijing primary school, has become a national sensation since
Friday night, giving interviews to all the most popular newspapers.

[...]

That was until attention turned to Yang Peiyi's teeth. Nevertheless, Mr Chen
thought the end result a perfect compromise.

"We have a responsibility to face the audience of the whole country, and to
be open with this explanation," he said. "We should all understand it like
this: it is a question of the national interest. It is a question of the
image of our national music, our national culture.

"Especially at the entrance of our national flag, this is an extremely
important, an extremely serious matter.

"So we made the choice. I think it is fair to both Lin Miaoke and Yang
Peiyi - after all, we have a perfect voice, a perfect image and a perfect
show, in our team's view, all together."

Yang Peiyi is said to have reacted well to the disappointment. "I am proud
to have been chosen to sing at all," she is reported to have said.

--

Constantine Vulakh wrote:

"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message

Yang Peiyi is said to have reacted well to the disappointment. "I am
proud to have been chosen to sing at all," she is reported to have said.

Who cares?

Re: China

"Marina Mechtcheriakova" <mmarina@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Constantine Vulakh wrote:

"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message

Yang Peiyi is said to have reacted well to the disappointment. "I am
proud to have been chosen to sing at all," she is reported to have said.

Who cares?

мне это все показалось интересным, ну, хотя бы и с этнографической точки
зрения

а чего ты такая сердитая в последнее время, Марина?

--

Constantine Vulakh wrote:

"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message

Yang Peiyi is said to have reacted well to the disappointment. "I am
proud to have been chosen to sing at all," she is reported to have said.

Who cares?

мне это все показалось интересным, ну, хотя бы и с этнографической точки
зрения

Да ну, дурная суета какая-то. Есть шоу, выбраны актеры. Ну и ладно. А
тут "обман публики", "я все равно горжусь". Буря в стакане. Вышли, спели
и ладно. Можно подумать кто-то сейчас хоть лицо, хоть голос этот помнит.
Big deal.

а чего ты такая сердитая в последнее время, Марина?

Да нет.

Constantine Vulakh wrote:

"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message

Yang Peiyi is said to have reacted well to the disappointment. "I am
proud to have been chosen to sing at all," she is reported to have
said.

Who cares?

мне это все показалось интересным, ну, хотя бы и с этнографической точки
зрения

Да ну, дурная суета какая-то. Есть шоу, выбраны актеры. Ну и ладно. А тут
"обман публики", "я все равно горжусь". Буря в стакане. Вышли, спели и
ладно. Можно подумать кто-то сейчас хоть лицо, хоть голос этот помнит. Big
deal.

вот из-за таких аттитьюдов китай всех и победит
и это, наверное, правильно