Inconvenient Truth?

Inconvenient Truth?

http://www.theaustralian.news.... 


Last Monday - on ABC Radio National, of all places - there was a tipping
point of a different kind in the debate on climate change. It was a
remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy
and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based
think tank the Institute of Public Affairs. Anyone in public life who takes
a position on the greenhouse gas hypothesis will ignore it at their peril.

Duffy asked Marohasy: "Is the Earth stillwarming?"



She replied: "No, actually, there has been cooling, if you take 1998 as your
point of reference. If you take 2002 as your point of reference, then
temperatures have plateaued. This is certainly not what you'd expect if
carbon dioxide is driving temperature because carbon dioxide levels have
been increasing but temperatures have actually been coming down over the
last 10 years."



Duffy: "Is this a matter of any controversy?"



Marohasy: "Actually, no. The head of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change) has actually acknowledged it. He talks about the apparent
plateau in temperatures so far this century. So he recognises that in this
century, over the past eight years, temperatures have plateaued ... This is
not what you'd expect, as I said, because if carbon dioxide is driving
temperature then you'd expect that, given carbon dioxide levels have been
continuing to increase, temperatures should be going up ... So (it's) very
unexpected, not something that's being discussed. It should be being
discussed, though, because it's very significant."



Duffy: "It's not only that it's not discussed. We never hear it, do we?
Whenever there's any sort of weather event that can be linked into the
global warming orthodoxy, it's put on the front page. But a fact like that,
which is that global warming stopped a decade ago, is virtually never
reported, which is extraordinary."


--
All mockery of Jews and their one God
shall be kept to an appropriate minimum.


Re: Inconvenient Truth?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:07:12 -0400, Constantine Vulakh wrote:


http://www.theaustralian.news.... 


С тебя 200 за то, что постишь всякую херню не проверив.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I... 

Юра

Re: Inconvenient Truth?

Yury Mukharsky wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:07:12 -0400, Constantine Vulakh wrote:


http://www.theaustralian.news.... 


С тебя 200 за то, что постишь всякую херню не проверив.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I... 


А почитать саму статью?

For some time the only available satellite record was the UAH version,
which showed cooling globally. A longer data series and several
corrections to the UAH method leaves the UAH series showing warming,
though less than RSS version. In 2001, an extensive, but now somewhat
dated, comparison and discussion of trends from different data sources
and periods was given in the Third Assessment Report of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) (section 2.2.4)[10].

A detailed analysis produced by dozens of scientists as part of the US
Climate Change Science Program (CCSP) identifed and corrected errors in
the satellite data and other temperature observations.

The CCSP SAP 1.1 Executive Summary states:

"Previously reported discrepancies between the amount of warming
near the surface and higher in the atmosphere have been used to
challenge the reliability of climate models and the reality of
humaninduced global warming. Specifically, surface data showed
substantial global-average warming, while early versions of satellite
and radiosonde data showed little or no warming above the surface. This
significant discrepancy no longer exists because errors in the satellite
and radiosonde data have been identified and corrected. New data sets
have also been developed that do not show such discrepancies."


Что в переводе на простой означает - данные измерений не соответствовали
теории [и политике Партии]. Мы их подкорректировали.

However, as detailed in CCSP SAP 5.1 Understanding and Reconcilling
Differences, neither Regression models or other related techniques were
reconcilable with observed data. The use of fingerprinting techniques on
data yielded that "Volcanic and human-caused fingerprints were not
consistently identifiable in observed patterns of lapse rate change." As
such, issues with reconciling data and models remain.

Re: Inconvenient Truth?

Constantine Vulakh <z1@vulakh.us> wrote:

Whenever there's any sort of weather event that can be linked into the
global warming orthodoxy, it's put on the front page. But a fact like that,
which is that global warming stopped a decade ago, is virtually never
reported, which is extraordinary."


Чего же тут экстраординарного ?

Вон у тохаса спроси, он тебе расскажет, кто сомневается
в существовании потепления вообще и в его причинах
в частности.

---
Const

Re: Inconvenient Truth?

Const wrote:

Constantine Vulakh <z1@vulakh.us> wrote:

Whenever there's any sort of weather event that can be linked into the
global warming orthodoxy, it's put on the front page. But a fact like that,
which is that global warming stopped a decade ago, is virtually never
reported, which is extraordinary."


Чего же тут экстраординарного ?

Вон у тохаса спроси, он тебе расскажет, кто сомневается
в существовании потепления вообще и в его причинах
в частности.


Спрашивайте -- отвечаем: просто у ТЕБЯ МОЗГА НЕТ!

--

Sol Windborn

Re: Inconvenient Truth?


"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message
news:fs6gq9$2p10$1@mamba.crocodile.org...

http://www.theaustralian.news.... 


Last Monday - on ABC Radio National, of all places - there was a tipping
point of a different kind in the debate on climate change. It was a
remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy
and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based
think tank the Institute of Public Affairs. Anyone in public life who
takes a position on the greenhouse gas hypothesis will ignore it at their
peril.

Duffy asked Marohasy: "Is the Earth stillwarming?"


Что то не так, вот сегодня пролетая над Европой заметил что снега
практически нигде нет. Были пару заснеженных поля в Германии. А в Америке
наоборот, все заснеженно. А почему? Потому что мы боремся, и даже вот не
курим, а европейцем наплеапть.


Re: Inconvenient Truth?

"Рынский, Дениска (старшой)" <javaarchitect@msn.com> wrote in message
news:fs8gmq$1bm0$1@mamba.crocodile.org...


"Constantine Vulakh" <z1@vulakh.us> wrote in message
news:fs6gq9$2p10$1@mamba.crocodile.org...

http://www.theaustralian.news.... 


Last Monday - on ABC Radio National, of all places - there was a tipping
point of a different kind in the debate on climate change. It was a
remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy
and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based
think tank the Institute of Public Affairs. Anyone in public life who
takes a position on the greenhouse gas hypothesis will ignore it at their
peril.

Duffy asked Marohasy: "Is the Earth stillwarming?"


Что то не так, вот сегодня пролетая над Европой заметил что снега
практически нигде нет. Были пару заснеженных поля в Германии. А в Америке
наоборот, все заснеженно. А почему? Потому что мы боремся, и даже вот не
курим, а европейцем наплеапть.



это ты над белоруссией не летел, видать

--
All mockery of Jews and their one God
shall be kept to an appropriate minimum.